Today’s post is a mish-mash of different updates on what I’ve been reading, where I’m at with my novel, and what I’m listening to this month.
1) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
2) Nightfall by Peter Kujawinski and Jake Halpern (review)
3) A Mother’s Reckoning by Sue Klebold (review)
4) The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman (review to come later this week)
If you keep up with my blog, you’ll notice that I’m HORRIBLE at sticking to my TBR lists, but that doesn’t stop me from making them! These are the books I’m hoping to read in March.
1) In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
2) Allegient by Veronica Roth (movie comes out March 18th!!!)
3) Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
4) The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald
During the middle of February I stopped writing for about two weeks to try and plan out the second half of my novel. I needed to do some research, tie down some plot points, and generally find the direction my story was headed. While that did slow down my progress, it will help me to be a lot more productive in the weeks ahead. I’m hoping to be done in the next four to eight weeks, but regardless, you all will be the first to know.
My Writing Music
Music helps me power through my writing sessions, so I’m constantly searching for new music. Below are a few of the songs I added to my “Writing Music” playlist on Spotify this past month. Check them out and let me know what songs you listen to for motivation, whether it be for homework, working out, or cleaning the house!
1) “Holocene” by Bon Iver
2) "It's That Simple" by Act As If
3) "Big Black Car" by Gregory Alan Isakov
4) "Brooklyn Baby" by Lana Del Rey
5) "My Live, My Love" by Family and Friends